Doug and I went up to Clarks Summit this weekend for Dave and Katrina's wedding. Dave is one of Doug's older brothers. Everything was really nice and we had a great time. It is always nice to be together as a family. I really enjoy being with Doug's family because I have come to find out that big families are so much fun. Ok, I guess that makes it sound like my family is boring, which is not the case, it is just a totally different dynamic. Anyway, before I get myself in trouble I will stop talking about that.
While we were up there I took Doug out for his birthday. I worked for a cafe in Clarks Summit for four years before Doug and I got married last year. Doug used to come in almost every morning and have breakfast and has grown fond of a specific breakfast sandwich they have there. So, I took him out for a birthday breakfast. Then after eating breakfast they brought out Doug's favorite chocolate cake. Thanks Steph so much for making that; it was Awesome!!!
We had a great weekend, but I am happy to be home. Doug and I have had a very busy summer and have been gone almost every weekend even into the fall. So, we are very happy that we get to be home for a while now. Until next time...

1 comment:
It will be fun when we are all together...to think that we girls will outnumber the guys. We still probably won't win an argument.
I am so thankful for the girls the Lord has brought into our family.
You are all so wonderful. I love you. The best mother in law you'll ever have.
Post a Comment